Code of conduct for parents and carers
We are committed to ensuring that all children are safeguarded whilst in our care. Parents can help us to maintain our responsibilities in the following ways.
- Share information with staff on your child’s development, health and wellbeing.
- Let us know if someone else is collecting your child and give them a password.
- Collect your child on time – if you are going to be unavoidably late then please contact the nursery to let them know.
- Ensure you can safely transport your child to and from the nursery using age-appropriate car seat restraints.
- Feedback any suggestions and ideas to the nursery staff.
- Direct any worries, concerns or complaints to the nursery management, arranging a meeting if required.
- Respect the policies and procedures of the nursery.
Please refrain from:
- Shouting at, smacking or physically punishing your child(ren) or any other children whilst in the nursery.
- Using inappropriate language or displaying aggressive or threatening behaviour towards the staff, children or other parents/carers either in person, on the phone or in writing.
- Collecting your child(ren) from nursery if you have consumed alcohol, medication or other substances that have affected your judgement or responses.
- Discussing sensitive issues within earshot of your child or other children.
- Taking photos or videos within the setting.
This code of conduct to be reviewed annually.